Evaluation Criteria for ISO Agent Programs
Agent programs offer individuals the opportunity to sell payment processing solutions with the benefit of commission on behalf of another company or business. These services offer a commission based on a specific rate and the number of customers signing up while also basing it on the type of services which they sign up for. We evaluate companies that provide an agent program. Our evaluation process has been created with the most important aspects of agent programs identified to highlight the best in the industry.
There are six key areas identified as significant for providers of agent programs:
- The residuals being offered by the agent program are evaluated based on the competitiveness of the residuals and bonuses, how the compare to other agent programs, and the flexibility of the terms being offered.
- The residuals being offered by the agent program are evaluated based on the strength and the attractiveness of the splits offered through the program. Our evaluation is based on what each agent program offers and a comparison to their competitors.
- The availability of marketing collateral and resources to agents is another important aspect to assist agents in converting leads into customers. Having professional quality collateral available to agents ensures a strong chance of conversion and a better agent program.
- Support delves into the availability of assistance to agents when they need additional assistance in order to close a sale. Our evaluators spend time understanding the flexibility and power that is given to agents.
- The variety of availability of varying services ensures a diverse set of service offerings which potential customers would be interested in. This allows for more conversions for agents when they are able to offer the solutions their customers are looking for.
- The quality and availability of different types of equipment is also evaluated. The agent program needs to be able to provide the adequate amount of equipment to customers in order to ensure a strong conversion rate.
- The Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
- The Visa and MasterCard Merchant Rules and Regulations for Credit Card Processing
- The History of Interchange Rates in Canada and how they affect every merchant
- The Major Players for Electronic payment processing in Canada
- Agent Training 101
- Understanding the Industry
- Agent Tools to help Build and Manage Your Business
- Understanding Applications & Statements
- Value Added Services & Selling Points
- Marketing Your Business and Generating Leads
- Building Your Pipeline and Account Management
- Technical and Equipment Training